Dr. Christopher Mullins
DIVISION OF KIDNEY, UROLOGIC, & HEMATOLOGIC DISEASES
NIDDK, National Institutes of Health
Building 2DEM, Room 637
6707 Democracy Blvd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
NIDDK Director of Basic Cell Biology Programs in Urologic and Kidney Disease
• Program Director for Basic Cell Biology Programs in Urology (KCM UCB)
• Program Director for Basic Cell Biology Programs in Kidney (KCM KCB)
• Program Director for Urology Small Business Programs (Basic Science) (KCM USB)
• Scientific and administrative development/oversight of the NIDDK Prostate Research Strategic Plan
• Project Scientist for the Multi-Disciplinary Approach to the Study of Chronic Pelvic Pain (MAPP)
• Project Scientist for the joint NIDDK and Office of Research in Women’s Health (ORWH)
• SCOR Centers Program
• Scientific and administrative development/oversight for the Basic and Translational Science and Pilot Clinical Trial Ancillary Studies Program for the Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN) and the Chronic Prostatitis Clinical Research Network (CPCRN).
• Program Officer for The Medical Therapy of Prostatic Symptoms (MTOPS) Prostate Samples Analysis Consortium (MPSA) (RFA-02-017) and the follow-up MPSA U01 Supplement Program for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Biomarker Discovery.
Previous Training and Experience:
• National Research Council Advanced-Level Associate. 2000-2002. Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.
• National Research Council Associate. 1997-2000. Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.
• Ph.D., Microbiology and Immunology. Awarded 1997. Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN.
• M.S., Biology (specialization in Molecular Genetics). Awarded 1993. Department of Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY.
• B.A., Biology. Awarded 1989. Department of Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY.
Committees/ Working Groups:
• Urology basic science representative to the NIDDK Advancing Urologic Science and Career Development effort.
• NIDDK Urology basic science representative/co-organizer to the Trans-NIH Planning Committee on Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome Clinical and Basic Science.
• Chair of the DKUH, NIDDK Conference and Workshop Grant (R13) Science and Administrative Policy Evaluation Committee.
• Representative to the DKUH, NIDDK Program Project Grant (P01) Science and Administration Policy Evaluation Committee.
• Urology basic science representative to the NIDDK Urology Interagency Coordinating Committee (IACC).
• Urology basic science program representative to the DKUH, NIDDK Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Committee.
Trans-NIH: • NIDDK representative to the Trans-NIH Nanotechnology Task Force (TNNT) and the TNNT Governance Working Group.
• Member of American Foundation for Urology Diseases (AFUD)/American Urological Association (AUA) Research Scholars Program Study Section.
• NIDDK representative to the American Urological Association (AUA) Research Council. • NIDDK representative to the American Foundation for Urological Disease (AFUD) Bladder Health Council.
Page last updated: September 16, 2010