NIDDK Grant Review
The information on this site applies primarily to applications reviewed in study sections organized by NIDDK staff. The types of applications reviewed include those submitted in response to RFAs, training and mentored career awards, fellowships, program projects, and multi-center clinical trials. Most R01s, R21s, and SBIR grants are reviewed in the Center for Scientific Review.
Information for NIDDK ApplicantsGrants, the Basics: Application, Review, and Award
Information for seasoned and first-time NIDDK investigators about grant preparation and submission.
Types of Grants Funded by NIDDK
What types of investigator-initiated grants are supported by NIDDK? What areas of science is NIDDK interested in funding? Search the NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT) site for NIDDK funded grants.
What will reviewers be looking for?
See the information for NIDDK Reviewers (on this page) or the Center for Scientific Review for study section procedures and Reviewer guidelines.
NIDDK Review staff
Do you need to talk to an Scientific Review Officer (SRO) at NIDDK?
NIDDK Review Schedule
Do you need to find out when your application is being reviewed at NIDDK, and who the SRO is? Up-to-date information will be available through the NIH Commons once your application has been assigned for review.
Future meeting dates (tentative):
- B Subcommittee: May 31-June 2, 2011; October 26-28, 2011; February 29-March 2, 2012; June 19-21, 2012
- C Subcommittee: June 26-28, 2011; October 26-28, 2011;March 14-16, 2012; June 27-29, 2012
- D Subcommittee: June 21-23, 2011; October 25-27, 2011;March 6-8, 2012; June 19-21, 2012
- Translational Research for the Prevention and Control of Diabetes: September 20, 2011; January 26, 2012; May 17, 2012
How to find a roster online
Do you want to know who is on the committee that will review your grant?
Information for NIDDK ReviewersGeneral Guidelines for Reviewers
Guidelines for writing reviews. While applicable primarily to R01 applications reviewed in the Center for Scientific Reivew, this page has useful information for all types of applications
Review guidelines for applications reviewed by NIDDK
Human Subjects Guidelines (PDF, 127 kb)
Vertebrate Animal Guidelines (PDF, 48 kb)
* Documents in PDF format require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader application for viewing.
* Documents in DOC format require the free MS Word Viewer.
Page last updated: May 30, 2011