Where Do I Start?
You should start by answering the following questions, which are those that would be posed to you if you contacted one of the NIDDK training program directors.
- Are you an MD or a PhD?
- How long ago did you get your degree?
- Do you want to do basic or clinical research? If clinical, will you be dealing with patients directly or indirectly?
- What research experience do you have?
- Where are you located?
- Are you planning on staying there?
- Do you have publications?
- Is your CV up to date?
- Where would you like to be, career-wise, 10 yrs from now?
Then go to our training page
and look at the appropriate career stage information, or contact us
Page last updated: November 25, 2008