Off the Couch and Into Action
Broadcast Dates: Monday, April 13 – Friday, April 17
Right Click to Download MP3 File (938 KB) | Get Real Player |
With spring in the air, it’s a perfect time to get your kids off the couch and into action.
Hi, I’m Dr. Griffin Rodgers, bringing you Healthy Moments from the NIH. I’m the Director of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
Overweight children are more likely to become overweight as adults. And that can lead to serious problems, like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Being overweight can also cause stress and low self-esteem.
Here are some tips to help your child shape up this spring:
And for more tips, visit our website at NIDDK or majic1023.com. This is Dr. Griffin Rodgers. Join me next week for more “Healthy Moments.”
- It’s important to be active every day.
- If you are active, your kids are more likely to be.
- Try family activities, like walking, biking, and basketball.
- Include your kids in outside chores like car-washing.
- And limit TV and computer time.
Page last updated: April 08, 2009