Digestive Diseases Branch (DDB)
Stephen A. Wank, M.D., Chief
Robert T Jensen, M.D.
Mark A. Levine, M.D.
- Conducts clinical and laboratory research on the normal and pathological structure and functions of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, pancreas, and liver;
- investigates the enzymes and metabolic pathways within these tissues;
- elucidates the fundamental biochemical defects in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- studies the responses to therapy in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- studies the natural history of diseases that affect these tissues, as well as the long-term complications of these diseases;
- studies the pathogenesis of diseases affecting these tissues;
- attempts to develop new therapies for treating various diseases affecting these tissues; and
- plans and conducts basic and clinical vitamin nutrition research.
Page last updated: February 10, 2012