Mouse Knockout Laboratory
Chuxia Deng, Ph.D.
NIDDK’s Mouse Knockout Laboratory was established in 1995 and more than one hundred knock-out (and knock-in) mouse lines have been generated in the facility.
The facility supports NIDDK’s intramural researchers and outside collaborators to:
- design targeting constructs;
- culture embryonic stem (ES) cells;
- carry out transfection and identify specific targeted clones;
- perform microinjection to create new mouse lines;
- mate chimeras to get germline transmission; and
- answer any questions related to gene targeting.
Page last updated: February 06, 2012