Laboratory of Biochemistry and Genetics (LBG)
Reed B. Wickner, M.D., Chief
Enrico Cabib, Ph.D.
William G. Coleman Jr., Ph.D.
Andy Golden, Ph.D.
Daniel C. Masison, Ph.D.
Allen P. Minton, Ph.D.
Kevin F. O'Connell, Ph.D.
Herbert Tabor, M.D.
Using molecular genetics, biochemical techniques, and physical chemical approaches, our lab studies a diverse range of topics:
- the yeast prions [URE3], [PSI], [PIN] and [SWI]
- the roles of chaperones and other components in yeast prions
- macromolecular confinement and surface adsorption
- centrosome replication and function
- gamete development, meiosis, and fertilization
- structure and biogenesis of the yeast cell wall
- biosynthesis of polyamines and their roles in translation and other functions
- bacterial pathogenesis and antibiotic resistance in ulcer disease
Page last updated: November 28, 2011