There is currently an opening for a postdoctoral fellow.
Mary DeMino, Postbac IRTA student
Mary DeMino received her BS from the University of Mary Washington, during which time she participated in studies on acute hepatitis C and hepatic regeneration. She had first worked in the unit as a summer student in 2007 and had returned to the Translational Hepatology Unit each summer while in college. She then joined the Translational Hepatology Unit, LDB, NIDDK as a postbac IRTA in 2010.
- Delayed induction, not impaired recruitment, of specific CD8(+) T cells causes the late onset of acute hepatitis C. Shin EC, Park SH, DeMino M, Nascimbeni M, Mihalik K, Major M, Veerapu NS, Heller T, Feinstone SM, Rice CM, Rehermann B.Gastroenterology. 2011 Aug;141(2):686-695.e1. Epub 2011 May 18.
- Host Response to Translocated Microbial Products Predicts Outcomes of Patients with HBV or HCV infection. Sandler NG, Koh C, Roque A, Eccleston JL, Siegel RB, DeMino M, Kleiner DE, Deeks SG, Liang TJ, Heller T, Douek DC. Gastroenterology. 2011 Jul 1. [Epub ahead of print]
Maria Rivera, Postbac IRTA student
Maria Rivera attended the University of Maryland where she received her B.S. in Microbiology, during which time she participated in studies on acute hepatitis C and progression of liver disease in the Translational Hepatology Unit.. She had first worked in the unit as a Howard Hughes Student in 2006 and had returned to the Unit each summer while in college. She then joined the Translational Hepatology Unit, LDB, NIDDK as a postbac IRTA in 2010.
- Ribavirin improves early responses to peginterferon through improved interferon signaling. Feld JJ, Lutchman GA, Heller T, Hara K, Pfeiffer JK, Leff RD, Meek C, Rivera M, Ko M, Koh C, Rotman Y, Ghany MG, Haynes-Williams V, Neumann AU, Liang TJ, Hoofnagle JH. Gastroenterology. 2010 Jul;139(1):154-62.e4. Epub 2010 Mar 17.
- The natural history of acute hepatitis C: clinical presentation, laboratory findings and treatment outcomes. Loomba R, Rivera MM, McBurney R, Park Y, Haynes-Williams V, Rehermann B, Alter HJ, Herrine SK, Liang TJ, Hoofnagle JH, Heller T. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2011 Mar;33(5):559-65. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2010.04549.x. Epub 2010 Dec 29
Jennifer Simpson, Research fellow
Jennifer Simpson received her BS from California State University, Sacramento where she participated in studies in healthcare administration. She joined the Translational Hepatology Unit, LDB, NIDDK in 2011 as a research fellow.
Allison Weiss, Postbac IRTA student
Allison Weiss received her BS from Case Western Reserve University, where she participated in studies related to nutrition and circadian biology. She joined the Translational Hepatology Unit, LDB, NIDDK in 2011, and is currently examining the feasibility and implications of individualized genomic analysis for chronic liver disease assessment.
- Berenson, DF, Weiss, AR, Weiss, MA. Zinc-Stapled Insulin: Principles and Therapeutic Application of Supramolecular Protein Engineering. Biotech International (2011 In Press).
- Weiss, AR, Johnson, NL, Berger, N, & Redline, S. Validity of Activity-Based Devices to Estimate Sleep. JCSM 6, 336-342 (2010).
- Weiss, A, Xu, F, Storfer-Isser, A, Thomas, A, Levers-Landis, CE, & Redline, S. The Association of Sleep Duration to Adolescents’ Fat and Carbohydrate Consumption. Sleep 33, 1201-9 (2010).
Page last updated: January 24, 2012