The Neuroendocrinology program supports research on the following:
- Physiological response to stress through the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis
- Neuropeptides and neuropeptide receptor signaling pathways
- Gene regulation in the hypothalamus and pituitary gland
- Diseases of the pituitary, including neoplasia
- Hypopituitary dwarfism
- Identification and characterization of novel hypothalamic or pituitary hormones
- Pituitary hormone receptors and actions on target tissues (e.g., GH IGF axis)
- Neuropeptide receptors in diagnosis and treatment of disease
- Neuroendocrine-immune interactions"
For more information, please contact Dr. Saul Malozowski, Senior Advisor for Endocrine Physiology.