The Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes Program seeks to identify genes that contribute to the development of Type 2 Diabetes mellitus in multiple populations. Specific areas of support include:
- Studies using quantitative statistical and/or genetic methods (QTL mapping or GWAS) to identify Diabetes genes in primarily human populations;
- Studies that look at interactions of multiple genes and /or environmental factors should be assigned to this program; and
- Studies to identify genetic differences between populations that result in health disparities in type 2 diabetes.
- Development of genetic resources, patient samples and methods for studying genetic linkage or association studies for Diabetes.
- Genetic studies of diabetes drug responses should be assigned to this Program.
For more information, contact Dr. Catherine McKeon, Senior Advisor for Genetic Research.