Specific areas include:
- Development and application of genomic and genetic tools relevant to the understanding and treatment of hematologic diseases.
- Genomic analysis of hematopoiesis and hematopoietic tissues across species.
- Development of genetically modified model organisms relevant to understanding hematopoietic and erythropoietic diseases.
- Development and application of genomic mapping techniques to identify disease modifying genes that affect the expression of inherited and acquired hematologic diseases.
- Design and development of gene targeting techniques to correct gene mutations or selectively modify gene expression for the treatment of hematologic diseases.
For more information, contact Dr. Daniel Wright, or Dr. Terry Rogers Bishop, Program Directors, Hematology Basic Research.