The Developmental Biology of the Kidney Program encompasses studies that focus on fundamental developmental mechanisms through which the kidney develops. Specific areas of study in nephrology are as follows:
- Stem cells and cell fate specification
- Differentiation of the epithelia
- Innervation of the kidney during development
- Mesenchymal/epithelial interactions
- Smooth muscle specification and differentiation
- Rules of intercellular signals and extracellular matrix in development
For more information, contact Dr. Deborah Hoshizaki, firstname.lastname@example.org, Program Director, Kidney Development and Kidney Regeneration and Repair.