Clinical Islet Transplantation Consortium (CIT)
The purpose of this consortium is to develop and implement a program of single- and/or multi-center clinical studies, accompanied by mechanistic studies, in islet transplantation with or without accompanying kidney transplantation, for the treatment of type 1 diabetes.
Research Resources to be Made Available to the Scientific Community:
- The consortium's website will provide information for ongoing studies and sites for potential patient referral;
- Specimens (in the future) including plasma/serum/blood cell samples from patients before and after islet transplantation and from immunologic and metabolic testing;
- Data (in the future):
- Phenotype data from recruited patients;
- Specific protocols done by the Consortium;
- Results from the multiple tests and observations done in association with the clinical studies;
- Process data (e.g. records of shipments and aliquots) concerning the collection and storage of specimens.
For more information, contact Dr. Thomas Eggerman, Director, Islet Transplantation Clinical Trials Program.