The Developmental Biology of the Urogenital Tract Program encompasses studies that focus on fundamental developmental mechanisms through which the urogenital tract (bladder and prostate) develop. Specific areas of study in urology are as follows:
- Stem cells and cell fate specification
- Differentiation of the bladder and prostate epithelia
- Innervation of the urogenital system during development
- Mesenchymal/epithelial interactions
- Smooth muscle specification and differentiation
- Roles of intercellular signals and extracellular matrix in development
For more information, contact Dr. Deborah Hoshizaki, Program Director, Urogenital Development and Urology Regeneration and Repair.