About NIDDK TAO Innovation
NIDDK TAO Innovation maximizes the impact of NIDDK research discoveries by creating opportunities for NIDDK innovators and partners to advance these discoveries to the local, national, and global community.
- Advances and Accelerates the adoption of innovative NIDDK technologies in the market by cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners in academia, industry, and government.
- Facilitates research advances, strategic alliances, and the dissemination of knowledge by providing NIDDK researchers and their collaborators with the tools to protect and share their innovative discoveries and advance new healthcare technologies
- Grows the BioWorkforce by providing NIDDK trainees, scientists, and administrators with useful resources, training, mentorship, strategic guidance, and networks to apply and develop basic research discoveries and advance innovation-based collaborations and business ventures
- Grows the BioEconomy by providing NIDDK partners with guidance on funding opportunities, contracts for preclinical development work, R&D collaborations, strategic guidance, mentorship, and networks to launch innovation-based business ventures
- Facilitates team-based multidisciplinary projects to advance research discoveries by identifying and engaging the relevant expertise, personnel, and resources necessary to advance technologies over the hurdles inherent in healthcare innovation, including addressing unmet medical needs, intellectual property protection, proof of market relevance, preclinical safety and efficacy, and scalability
Page last updated: January 03, 2011