NIDDK Recent Advances & Emerging Opportunities
NIDDK Recent Advances & Emerging Opportunities is a report that the NIDDK has issued annually since 2001. It is a compendium that highlights examples of the many research advances published by NIDDK-funded scientists and their colleagues in the most recent fiscal year, along with the technologies that made these achievements possible. Thus, most of the research findings described in the January 2023 compendium were published in fiscal year 2022. In addition to research advances, the compendium includes:
- "Pathways to Health for All," which describes NIDDK’s efforts to address health disparities, advance health equity, and promote workforce diversity; and
- “Personal Perspectives,” which recount the personal stories of several people who have given time and effort to participate in or support NIDDK-sponsored clinical research.
This publication is one means of conveying the important accomplishments that have resulted from NIDDK-funded research, as well as the enormous promise this research holds for the future. The examples given here are representative of the much larger and more diverse research portfolio funded by the NIDDK. This compendium is a web-based publication.
Please note that page numbers in stand-alone chapters reflect the numbering in the full Report.
- Executive Summary (PDF, 535.66 KB)
- Full Document (PDF, 6.11 MB)
- Pathways to Health for All: NIDDK’s Efforts to Address Health Disparities, Advance Health Equity, and Promote Workforce Diversity (PDF, 564.52 KB)
- Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolic Diseases Chapter (PDF, 1.93 MB)
- Obesity Chapter (PDF, 1.08 MB)
- Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Chapter (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Kidney, Urologic, and Hematologic Diseases Chapter (PDF, 2.09 MB)
- NIDDK Recent Advances & Emerging Opportunities 2022 (PDF, 6.79 MB)
- NIDDK Recent Advances & Emerging Opportunities 2021 (PDF, 6.78 MB)