Annual NIDDK Scientific Conference
The Annual NIDDK Scientific Conference is a two-day research and career development event that brings together fellows and scientists from NIDDK's Intramural Research Program (IRP). The goal of the conference is to encourage the cross-fertilization of ideas, foster new collaborations, and promote a sense of community among NIDDK researchers. The conference is organized by members of the Fellows Advisory Board (FAB).
19th Annual NIDDK Scientific Conference
April 11-12, 2024 (in person at Natcher Conference Center)
- Registration for NIDDK attendees is open from December 15, 2023.
- All abstracts must be submitted by January 31, 2024.
- Register to be a judge until February 29, 2024.
- Registration for conference attendance will close on April 8, 2024.
You can register first and submit your abstract later. The registration form will only display if you are inside the NIH network. Everyone from the NIDDK community is welcome to register and attend!
This year's event will include two keynote speakers:
- Dr. Caryn Outten, Ph.D., Professor and Guy F. Lipscomb Professor of Chemistry at University of South Carolina. Dr. Outten is an expert on iron homeostasis and redox balance.
- Dr. Sudarshan Rajagopal, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Duke University. Dr. Rajagopal’s research focuses on GPCR signaling in inflammation and vascular disease.
Fellows’ Oral and Poster Presentations, Elevator Talks and Poster Presentations
Fellows can share their research findings and compete for one of 10 travel awards - two for oral presentations, two for the elevator talk and six for poster presentations.
To take part in the competition for award, one must be an NIDDK fellow and agree to judge one of the sessions at the conference!
Stay tuned for more information about the new events like Career Seminar and Scientific Debate at this year’s conference.
Important Links and Documents
Conference Registration Page (NIH VPN required)Conference Rules and Judging Rubrics (PDF, 309.18 KB)