Structural Cell Biology Section
Our goal is to determine the mechanistic properties of dynamin superfamily proteins (DSPs) through cryo-EM analysis and correlate them with their diverse cellular functions.
- Cryo-EM structures reveal multiple stages of bacterial outer membrane protein folding.
- Doyle MT, Jimah JR, Dowdy T, Ohlemacher SI, Larion M, Hinshaw JE, Bernstein HD.
- Cell (2022 Mar 31) 185:1143-1156.e13. Abstract/Full Text
- Dynamin regulates the dynamics and mechanical strength of the actin cytoskeleton as a multifilament actin-bundling protein.
- Zhang R, Lee DM, Jimah JR, Gerassimov N, Yang C, Kim S, Luvsanjav D, Winkelman J, Mettlen M, Abrams ME, Kalia R, Keene P, Pandey P, Ravaux B, Kim JH, Ditlev JA, Zhang G, Rosen MK, Frost A, Alto NM, Gardel M, Schmid SL, Svitkina TM, Hinshaw JE, Chen EH.
- Nat Cell Biol (2020 Jun) 22:674-688. Abstract/Full Text